This is the second of five annual treatments and has been made to promote healthy growth and to prepare your lawn for the rigors of summer.
One of the important components of this application is fertilization. Fertilizers provide the nutrients that are necessary to sustain plant growth. These nutrients will help your lawn maintain the lush green color you desire. This application may also include iron to help maintain color.
Also, included in this application is a broadleaf weed control if you did not receive it during Application 1 or if your lawn needed it again. Various broadleaf weeds such as dandelion, plantains, clover, and others will be brought substantially under control by a very effective weed control material.
At our southern locations this application will also contain both a pre-emergent and post-emergent weed control. These are applied to reinforce the effectiveness of weedy grass control and to control emerging broadleaf and grassy weeds if needed.
We thank you for using our services and we will be 100% committed to having you happy with your lawn and landscape and our services.
Customer Follow-UpPlease observe the following guidelines if you received broadleaf weed control today. (Your invoice indicates if this was applied.)
- Please keep children and pets off lawn until the application has dried.
- Please do not water heavily for 24 hours. (This is a safety margin and does not necessarily mean a light or even a heavy rain within this period will affect the application.)
- Please do not mow for 24 hours. Return clippings to the lawn for the first two mowings following this application.
- It will take some time for the established weeds to die. If you do not see results within 14 days, please call us to return for further service.
6 Steps To A Beautiful LawnThe following six practices are steps that you can take to further enhance the beauty of your lawn, making it the best it can be.
- Maintain 1/2" to 1" of water per week throughout growing season. When watering, water heavily and do it in the morning.
- Mow lawn regularly, maintaining a height between 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" for cool season grasses and 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" for warm season grasses (southern locations). Avoid taking more than 1/3 of grass blade at one mowing. Lawn clippings return needed nutrients to the soil, therefore avoid removing after every mowing. Use a well sharpened blade.
- Have lawn aerated once a year. Aerate twice a year if your lawn has a heavy thatch layer or the soil is heavy clay. This is the most beneficial practice because it promotes root growth – essential for a healthy lawn.
- Control weedy perennial grasses such as coarse fescue and bentgrass by using roundup or by digging them out. Following the first 3 steps will do much to squeeze them out. If you have any questions about these grasses please consult with your lawn specialist.
- Minimize damage from shade by thinning trees and shrubs and removing lower branches. Seed with 5 lbs./1000 sq. ft. of red fescue. Try to avoid traffic and in the fall, keep leaves raked.
- Please consult your lawn specialist if you see any changes in your lawn or you have any concerns with your lawn or landscape.
The Naturescene® Guarantee
Your Naturescene® specialist is committed to making you happy with our service and your lawn and landscape. If you are not completely satisfied with the results of our services or you have any questions or concerns, please call your area branch office and we will be happy to take care of them free of charge within 72 hours.